All the Features Business Email Users Need
- Desktop Email - access your email from your desktop and wireless email clients such as:
- Microsoft Outlook
- Outlook Express
- Webmail - access your mail, calendar, tasks, contacts and RSS feeds from your web browser (e.g. MS Explorer, Firefox, Safari)
- Backup and sync tool for Outlook, BlackBerry, iPhone, and Windows Mobile
- Share and access calendars, schedule meetings and events, create calendar events, meetings and appointments
- Maintain and track task lists
- Create group contacts lists and company-wide contact lists
- 20GB mailboxes (hold more than 10 years of email!)
- 50MB attachments (about 500 JPEG images)
- Mail Filtering Controls and Enhanced Searching
- Dropbox integration
- Branded webmail control panel
- Easy, web based control panel administration
- Uptime guaranteed by Rackspace Zero-Downtime Network
- Redundant, clustered server pairs
- Secure SSL encryption
- Add, delete and restore mailboxes from control panel
- API interface for SSO support
- Desktop client compatibility
- Domain and mailbox level spam DNA filtering
- Dual-scanning anti-virus filters
- Daily backups and optional email archiving service
Ciscom runs a number of dedicated servers at the UKs top data centres. This provides us with a very robust email hosting environment for our business customers.
It is usual for us to manage the email hosting for our web design and web development customers because this has the following benefits:
- If you have a query or problem, you don't need to worry about whether it is the responsibility of the web developer, hosting provider or email hosting provider - just call Ciscom
- It is up to Ciscom to make sure the email infrastructure meets the needs of your online business, website or web system
- Ciscom has taken care of the security, data integrity, reliability and speed of the email hosting infrastructure - four complex areas that you don't need to worry about.
- Ciscom provides business email hosting that is compatible with all the main desktop and mobile email clients, both for Windows and Mac.
We are also happy to take over and manage the email hosting for your existing facilities, whether or not we manage the web hosting or vice versa. Or, if you are looking for your own dedicated server, then we will be happy to manage that for you. Please contact us about web hosting and email hosting.
Web hosting and email hosting are critical components of your online strategy and you need to carefully consider the following:
Your website and email need to be available 100% of the time. If your website is down for even the shortest period, this can reflect very badly on your business and it also affects your search engine position. Fast and reliable web hosting has never been more important. If your email is down then you may miss important orders or other correspondence from clients, or you may not be able to send out important documents.
Our business hosting is located at the award winning UK facilities of RackSpace and UKFast. Provisions such as uninterruptible power supply (UPS) and diesel backup generators ensure a level of reliability that you cannot replicate at a local level.
You web pages need to load quickly. Research shows that customers make an initial decision in less than a second and if your web page is slow to load, you will likely lose their interest. What's more, the speed of your website is becoming more critical to the search engines and your search engine position will benefit from fast loading pages. That's why we only entrust our business hosting to RackSpace and UKFast data centres.
There are many security threats that can affect the integrity of your website. The quality of the web hosting server security is a very important factor in ensuring that your website does not come under malicious attack. Our experience in this field ensures that best practice is followed both in terms of hardware (firewall), operating system and application security. Our hosting facilities are Microsoft Gold Certified which means that we benefit from early warning and patching of new security threats. Our email hosting has built-in spam filtering and anti-virus protection.
You should make sure that you back up your local files and data on a daily basis (see our Online Backup information) but have you considered what would happen should your website data be lost or corrupted? This could mean the loss of your latest web pages and also any data stored by your web based systems such as customer and product information. Ciscom business web hosting ensures the integrity of your data by providing a nightly backup with a two weekly retention as standard. If something happens, the data can be recovered quickly.